Re: Please help us !!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Alexandros on October 25, 2000 at 13:38:30:

In Reply to: Please help us !! posted by Fiona on October 25, 2000 at 05:24:47:

Dear Fiona,

I would like to make a suggestion or even give an advice. Can you please tell us more about Kosta?

Alexandros

: Hi,

: I have a sister who started dating a Greek man nearly two years ago. She dropped out of college before her final year and moved to Greece 1 year ago. She has always been a bright bubbly light-hearted and compassionate person and we were very close. Our mother died when she was vey young and as a result, she developed a special bond with our father as he raised her alone. We are a large Catholic family - seven children and are very close-knit.

: Since moving to Greece, we have noticed dramatic changes in Lisa (my sister), she is no longer the same person. I know that she has been greatly influenced by her boyfriend and by the Greek culture. I don't know if this is the reason, but Lisa has become withdrawn, she is now physically too thin, has become religious and never seems to smile any more. I know that she spends a lot of time with his family but she thinks that her own family to not have enough respect for Kostas (her boyfriend) - although he stayed here for two months and was treated exceptionally well. She wrote some terrible letters to my father explaining that he had not raised her correctly and that she wanted to cut off all contact with him. She has now cut off from us all and we no longer even have an address for her. I am so worried about her. She is quite innocent and has always been easily influenced.

: We are so afraid that we will never hear from her again.Is there anything we can do? It is almost like she has joined some sort of cult and we cannot drag her away. I am sure that she cannot be happy and she doesn't look physically well. I understand that she loves Kostas but I am afraid for her. Surely cutting off from her friends and family will affect her.

: I would appreciate any advice.

: Fiona

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]