Re: cheated by Greeks in New York

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mickey on October 20, 2000 at 08:26:31:

In Reply to: cheated by Greeks in New York posted by Anthony N. Tsagarakos on October 18, 2000 at 19:59:30:

Anthony,

I feel sorry for you. I am ashamed of my greek american brother/sisters associated with this scam. What they have done and are doing is unacceptable and inexcusable. I can only come up with one line for you: Hindsight is 20/20. Meaning if you followed all the steps in finding out that they were cheats BEFORE you paid them any money, you would have seen right through their crooked little scheme. I also believe that what goes round comes round and sure enough they will suffer for what they have done.

I wish you well.

:
: My fellow Greek Americans,
: The Greek "international Lawyers" promised that they would obtain a probate court report from Greece within a month regarding my inherited land and charged me $1500. It is five months since then, their is no report from them and my numerous calls and messages have gone unanswered and ignored. Every attempt has been made to evade and avoid me. It is obvious that I have been cheated of my money and am a victim of a scam.
: Investigation has shown that Karamanlis, Pappas, Powers & Associates, the "Firm" that advertises in the "Greek American" newspaper, a publication affiliated with the "Proini', Do not have offices in the Olympic Towers or on East 72nd Street in New York City as stated in their ads and articles, the NY telephone directories have no listings for these "offices" and other telephone numbers are disconnected or non existent. They operate through cell phones and only meet with clients in restaurants or lawyer club study rooms and libraries. The NY Attorney registration office, 212-428-2800, does not list them as attorneys anywhere in NY, yet they charged me and received, $1500 dollars in a Harvard Club study room in NYC for legal services. To date I am out of $1500 dollars and have no report or legal representation as my inherited property is being sold in Greece. This most disappointing experience has severely affected my faith in Greek attorneys and the Greek publications they advertise in. If you have a legal problem in Greece, find a genuine attorney with references and offices. Do not give your money to anyone posing as an attorney in a restaurant, library or club, Stay away from Karamanlis, Pappas, Powers & Associates.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]