Re: Greek Wedding - HELP !!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Henry Clay on September 07, 2000 at 13:51:45:

In Reply to: Greek Wedding - HELP !!! posted by Trixie on January 22, 2000 at 19:02:46:

I have read all the reponses to your question and I wanted to add my experience. I had not yet been baptised when I planned to get married. When My Greek girlfriend and I went to the church to reserve a date the priest informed me that I had to be baptised. He stated it could be any religion as long as it was a "ligit" christian religion. He did, however, stress the importance of possible problems of not being the same faith as my wife and how the kids were going to be raised.

I do know that in the Cathloic church, if you are not Catholic you cannot participate in communion. This is also true in the Greek Orthodox church, if you are not Greek Orthodox you cannot take communion which, in a house with several religions, will cause problems in participating and celebrating the services and holidays.

Religion was never a sore point for me so getting baptised in the GO church was no issue. My religious backround is more in the charasmatic services which GO services seems routine.

Also, it helps tremedously if you learn the language as when Greeks get together, Greek is usually spoken.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]