Re: Forgot

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by sez me on August 26, 2000 at 11:51:31:

In Reply to: Forgot posted by Michael on August 25, 2000 at 14:58:31:

Just because I happen to agree with you on all your well-written points doesn't mean that you're right...
But it *does* show how wise and logical and open-minded (not to mention tolerant) you are. 8^)
I've been there and done that from a slightly diff point of view as I'm an Amer (not of Gr descent) living
in Greece, married to a Greek, and raising our child who will soon enter his last year of elementary school
and has only visited the States once a couple years ago. I try to keep him aware of his Amer heritage, and
its sometimes an uphill battle. His fluency of English is a definite advantage in this ongoing attempt to keep
him at least oriented to his Amer ties.

Greeks in Greece can be and often are VERY racist/prejudiced, especially against Greek/Amer (who are successful
and return here for vacation), Albanians, and the Turks. And they always have their (justified?) reasons.
I'm not judging them, but it can be extremely tiresome.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]