Re: Don`t know what to do....HELP!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by GreekAmDoc on August 25, 2000 at 14:11:27:

In Reply to: Don`t know what to do....HELP! posted by A girl in trouble.... on August 22, 2000 at 02:53:46:

I don't envy your position. I know it's hard. I am going to give you one piece of advice: Look out for yourself.

The Greek boy you are describing with the fights and breakups neither deserves you nor does he likely want a baby. Do not expect that his family will be anything but downright rude. The Greek Orthodox Church is like the Catholic in that they do not endorse abortion. Most Greeks do not agree with abortion. Like many Greeks, however, they might consider it if it will get you out of their life.

They probably have never met you and they probably do not deserve someone as mature and thoughtful as you sound. The fact of the militant Greeks is that they want their kids to wind up with other Greeks and will embarass themselves in front of non-Greeks in doing so. There are many resources available to you. I don't know if you are from the US or not. In any case, confront him...do not expect him or his family to be supportive and don't wait for him to "come around". This baby will NOT cement any relationship that has trouble. You should move on with your life and that of your baby (whatever you decide to do) regardless of whether or not he is going to be there for you.

Best of luck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]